Haunted Hacker House
A haunted house would be a great way to show off a lot of the things we are working on. In 2011 we held a Day of the Dead party and while we did not show off all of our talents, it was a successful event with a lot of light and potential. We have a lot of ideas and so should keep in mind for 2012 the idea to expand to a haunted house. Another option would be to partner up with an existing haunted house production to enhance what they have already got going. Apogaea had a haunted house in 2011 so that is another idea to consider if we want some pre-Halloween experience partnering with others on our ideas.
Individual Project Ideas
Primary Ideas/Projects Thus Far:
- various robots
- mad scientist lab
- things in 3-D / 3-D glasses
- animatronic snake
- egg-laying Alien from the Aliens movies, using the ovipositor (Kurt's former venting system)
- hand like in Adam's Family
- plants gone wild as in Little Shop of Horrors
- black monolith from the movie 2001
- Terminator(s), maybe using the JVC stereo speakers, or TV parts (and claws)
- get creative with mirrors
- combination(s) of above and/or below!
Other things that are less 'fleshed' out:
- robot surgery
- laser show
- optical illusions
- interactive stuff
- wearable technology
- fundraiser or not?
- where to hold it, whether to partner, etc.
- if at our space, have a separate party area as well?
March 17, 2011
Started Wiki page
April, May 2011
Minor updates (we haven't forgot about it, still planning on it :)
Updated to mention our Day of the Dead party Nov 1 and partnering idea for next year's consideration.