Getting data to our area. We want decent access speeds. Data usage will probably start small and grow.
Best options so far:
- Bridge internet from friendly neighbor, either near or close. See Wifi Internet.
- Cell data with phone & tethering
- Cell data with mifi-like device:
- Comcast cable: not available yet to our building
- Dial-up: requires running a phone line from a couple units over, and then we get, uh, dial-up speeds.
- DSL: I heard that we were just out of range. true? Yes, according to Qwest and a few other DSL ISPs their signal can't reach us
- T1: expensive, 1.5mbit slow
- Satellite? $$ and almost all of them have bandwidth caps that are close to or worse than the Cell phone route
- RFC2549: since this is boulder, we'd have to hack it for use with prairie dogs.